Of course, if a printer is network-enabled, it is always interesting to see if it can be used to print from mobile devices. Dell has developed apps for iOS devices (iPhone & iPad) and also for Android devices. The printer does not offer printing without drivers or app, for example via AirPrint. A real minus is hardly. If one considers how rarely - especially in the professional environment - actually from the mobile phone or tablet is printed.
Dell C1760nw Color Laser Printer - The speed of the printer is 15 pages per minute (black) and 12 pages per minute (color). This is acceptable, but not record-breaking. In practice, we have almost reached the value for monochrome prints. We came to 14 pages per minute, which is certainly within the range of the measurement error. (Time stopped by hand). In the color print, however, we only came to 8 pages per minute. How can that be? The bottleneck was the data transfer to the printer, which was connected by LAN. Our uniform 10-page test document is approximately 12 MB in size. The "Receiving Data" printer appeared in the display in front of heavily image-heavy pages. We consciously test here, but not under optimal conditions, but under everyday conditions. Because in the office or home office there is not necessarily optimal conditions. Therefore, only 8 color pages per minute instead of 12.
Dell C1760nw Specs :
- Print Speed : Up to 15 ppm - B/W - Letter A Size (8.5 in x 11 in) ¦ Up to 12 ppm - color - Letter A Size (8.5 in x 11 in).
- Max Resolution (Color) :600 dpi.
- Interface : USB, LAN, Wi-Fi(n).
- RAM Installed (Max) : 128 MB.
- Media Type : Envelopes, labels, plain paper, coated paper, recycled paper, cover paper.
- Media Handling : 150-sheet input tray, 10-sheet bypass tray.
- Networking : Print server - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n.
- Frequency Required : 50/60 Hz.
- Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep: 40 Watt.
- Voltage Required : AC 120 V.
- Power Consumption Operational : 290 Watt.
Dell C1760nw Support :
- Windows (10, 8..1/8, 7)
- Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008
- Mac OS