Fujifilm X70 Review - It's easier to accept the X70 for the updated X30, rather than for the slightly clipped X100, especially in a completely black case: nothing reminiscent of the classic cameras of the mid-twentieth century, long-standing icons of industrial design. In X70, the image is subject to pure expediency, no imitation of traditional rangefinders. Nevertheless, the camera turned out to be very pedigree: clear lines, analog controls, metal case.
Unlike most of the brothers in the X-series, the X70 is not lined with the material "under the skin" entirely - they are covered only with the grip for the right hand and the pad for the thumb on the back side. The rest of the surface is covered with metal - and I must say - I like this performance more than a continuous coating on other X-series cameras, up to X-Pro2. However, this is a matter of taste.
But the compactness of X70 - the moment is undeniable. The camera (with dimensions 113 x 64 x 44 mm) fits easily into the pocket, which makes the strongest impression. Nevertheless, the size of the X70 is ready to compete with both Nikon Coolpix A and Ricoh GR II. X70 is also significantly heavier: 340 grams against 295 from Nikon and 251 from Ricoh. But from the category of "pocket camera with a one and a half crop" it does not fall out - just she is not alone in it.
The X70 is very nice - for a compact - grip: small size and weight, due to which the device is comfortable to hold with one hand, complemented by quite comfortable protrusions. To apply for this camera "soap" grip with fingertips there is no need, to remove the snaps conveniently.
On the front panel of the Fujifilm X70 is a lens on which, despite its minimal dimensions, it was possible to place a programmable focusing ring and diaphragm adjustment ring with large handles. Also visible from the front are a flash, an AF-assist illumination diode and a focus mode switch.
On the back panel there is an inclined touch screen, above which it was possible to place the control keys for pictures: playback and deletion; To the right of it - three-position navigation joystick; A five-position key with programmable beams and a central part, always responsible for calling the main menu and confirming the action; Four buttons responsible for blocking autofocus, calling the quick menu, changing the type of information displayed on the screen and calling Wi-Fi. Only the latter is programmed from them.
Fujifilm X70 Specs :
- Number of effective pixels : 16.3 million pixels.
- Image sensor : 23.6mm x 15.6mm (APS-C) X-Trans CMOS II with primary color filter Total number of pixels: 16.7 million pixels.
- Storage media : SD memory card / SDHC memory card / SDXC (UHS-I) memory card*1.
- Focus distance : Approx. 10cm - Infinity / 3.9in. - Infinity.
- Exposure control : TTL 256-zone metering, Multi / Spot / Average.
- LCD monitor : 3.0-inch, aspect ratio 3:2, approx. 1,040K-dot Tilt-type, TFT, color LCD monitor (approx. 100% coverage).
- Touch screen mode : Shooting Mode : Touch shooting,Focus area, OFF Display, Mode : Swipe, Zoom, Pinch-in / Pinch-Out, Double-tap, Drag.
- Power supply : NP-95 Li-ion battery (included).
- Battery life for still*5 images : Approx. 330 frames.
Fujifilm X70 Support :
- Windows (10, 8.1/8, 7)
- Mac OS
Fujifilm X70 Firmware Download for Windows 10, 8.1/8, 7 (32&64bit)X70 Firmware Update Ver.1.10 Download
Fujifilm X70 Raw File Converter for Windows 10,8.1/8, 7 (32&64bit)
Fujifilm X70 Raw File Converter for Mac OS, Mac OS X v10.12, v10.11, v10.10, v10.9, v10.8
Raw File Converter Ex 2.0 for Mac OS Download